Friday 23 March 2018

The Unexpected Turn (I)


It feels like decades since I haven’t posted something on my blog. Okay! Yesterday I posted a prose on Water but that’s a part of my job. I daily write Short Sayings for my Facebook and                Instagram page.

So coming back, I literally tried a lot of times to write about what’s going on in my life. But I am so involved in content research, content and video editing, content writing and script writing due to which whenever I used to write about myself I just gave it up. This is because whenever I used to open my laptop instead of writing about myself I started searching about current news that I needed to post on N-ed Buzz. And at this time also, I need to make a video on Facebook-Cambridge Analytica Issue but I gave it up and started writing this post.

So my life has completely changed. It took various unexpected turns and how all these happened, for that, let’s go in the flashback.

A Year ago when I was working in MyFm, I dreamt of a plan. I made a plan that once I would be popular, when I would make a lot of contacts, I would start making videos for my YouTube channel and then I would earn through them. But soon the plan got broke when I had to leave MyFm due to a reason. I wanted to be a Radio jockey. I was living my dream every day. But everything got changed. I was shattered. I didn’t know where I would go, what I would do, how I would earn, and where I would find a new job. But thankfully after few months, I got a job as a content writer. Though I didn’t want to work as a content writer still I was relieved. I had a job. A Job! You know how important that is once you get graduated. So initially I was contented with my typical 10-7 job. I was living like a simple office-going girl who used to wake up around 8-8:30 a.m., went to the office, worked on her regular commitments, and got happy at the beginning of every month when her bank account got credited. But soon the feeling of content started fading away. It had to because of two reasons – first, I never wanted to work as a content writer and second, my office was like hell to me. People didn’t use to talk much. Everyone used to work silently and there were so many other reasons for which I need to write a different post. So basically these two reasons made me irascible and forced me to think about what I wanted to do. Every day I used to fight with myself. I couldn’t sleep at nights as several thoughts were running through my mind. Every night I used to think this was not the thing which I wanted. I never wanted to be a content writer. I always had fun in doing something creative. Then why I got stuck in this? Perhaps I didn’t have the courage to do something on my own. Perhaps I wanted to become independent as soon as possible. So the thought to quit my job was really scary.

But one day when I looked at myself pale, dull, unsatisfied, unhappy, and lost I decided to quit my job. I didn’t think of much how I would start doing something on my own, how I would work for my YouTube channel and there was only one thing in my mind, ‘the more I would think, the more things would look complicated. So stop thinking too much. Just do what you wanted to do. And Remember three things Passion, Patience, and Perseverance are required. So, stop thinking too much and quit the job’.  

The next day before giving the final decision, I met a person who was a motivational speaker. I told him about my decision along with my fear to start something of my own. For this he told me, if you feel confident to start something of your own then go ahead and for the fear well, dar ka koi vajood nahi hota, woh ya toh dil mein hota hai ya dimaag mein (fear has no existence, it’s either there in your mind or in your heart). His words motivated me a lot and hence I went to the office and gave my resignation.

I quit my job!



No comments:

Post a Comment