Thursday 17 August 2017

Perfect

I looked at the pendulum clock; it showed the time – 7 o’clock (p.m.). I took a deep breath and smiled because finally, I finished my work on time. Finally, I prepared one more video for my channel – “Nitty-Gritty” (Nitty-Gritty- Serving Education). I organized the scattered stuff that were lying on my table and packed my bag.  It was cold and breezy outside. I love this kind of weather because this weather made me more enthusiastic. I sat in my car, started it, drove, and played my favorite songs like – I’ve had the time of my life, Counting stars, Humsafar, few 90’s songs, etc.  After 30 minutes I finally reached to my “Chalet House”.  

Chalet House was my dream house. I couldn’t believe that I was actually living in my Chalet House. After getting off from the car, I could see my little garden in dim lights. The shades of the dusk – orange, blue, pink, and purple fell on the pretty flowers. The shades embellished the flowers and little bushes of my garden. By looking at this, I wonder, how nature surprised me all the time and there is more to nature than what I see.

I went into my room and took a hot shower whilst enjoying the soothing songs. Well, I guess the weather cajoled me to have this luxuriate delight. After taking the hot shower I wore my loose pajama and t-shirt. I found these the most comfortable clothes in the world. It had always been a pleasure to wear these clothes after doing a lot of hard work. I had my dinner and then I went into my library. This was the most peaceful place of my house. I stopped at one point, took out a book, and read the author’s name with a pride. I had never read my name with so much of pride. It felt awesome. I kept it on the shelf and chose to read poems. I read Robert Frost poem especially – “The Road Not Taken”. This poem always inspired me a lot.

After some time, I again went into my room, turned off the lights, and before I went to sleep I said thank you to my Omnipresent Friend. I remember it was the perfect sleep just like an infant used to sleep with no worries and no trivial thoughts. I was happy and contented.

The next morning when I woke up, I saw the pink and grey coloured room, a small shelf filled with some of the novels that I read and yet to be read. I was astonished and all I could see was the same room, same bed, and the same house wherein I have been living since 22 years. I was disheartened still a little smile came to my face because of the dream that I saw in the night. It was a perfect dream I could have imagined. But, I wondered what a perfect sleep it was! And when I will take that carefree sleep?  Well, I guess for that I have to achieve so many things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment